Hot Stone Therapy Certification
One day course – 10 am to 4 pm
This course is offered monthly based on availability – Holidays Excluded
Are you an aspiring therapist who wants to offer a luxurious signature treatment that delights all the senses of your clientele?
This 1-day course teaches the ancient holistic Japanese Art of Hot Stone Therapy.
You’ll learn how to expertly combine the safe placement of heated stones with advanced massage techniques and 10 of the most effective essential oil blends to relieve stress, induce relaxation and remedy a variety of ailments including achy muscles and back pain, poor circulation and inflammation.
In-class study is complemented with in-depth, hands-on practical training and packed with the latest in spa therapy techniques.
Hot Stone Therapy has been linked to improved lymphatic drainage and increased blood circulation – a beneficial addition to any bodywork therapy already offered including massage, aromatherapy, reflexology, shiatsu and acupuncture.
Course Outline :
- Hot Stone History
- Scientific Theory
- Rock and Stone Types
- Benefits of Hot and Cold Stones, Thermotherapy
- Precautions, Safety and Contraindications
- Placement of Stones
- Hands on massage techniques
- Basic Anatomy and Physiology
- Client Assessment and Disclaimer
- Therapy Room Setup and massage techniques
- The ‘All-Time Favourite’ – Hot Stone Facial Technique
- Cool Moonstone Facial Technique
- Best Essential Oil Blends with Hot Stone Therapy
3 case studies required - certificate obtained upon case study completion
Included: A detailed reference manual covering all topics outlined.