Essential Oil Safety Certification
Home Study Course ~ For Crafters and Product Developers
This convenient home-study course was developed in response to the rapidly growing Essential Oil Industry and related product development.
An ongoing focus for safety for everyone is our utmost concern and this course is no exception, especially when products are being designed for the most vulnerable – children, babies and those who are pregnant.
This course are great for Crafters and Product Developers. The home study course include questions and blending projects.
- What are Essential Oils?
- Methods of Production
- Adulteration and Therapeutic Grades
- Common adulterants
- Common substances causing adverse skin reactions
- Precautions and Contraindications to prevent adverse reactions
- Skin Safety, Skin Irritation, Skin Sensitization, Skin Photo-Sensitisation, Systemic Toxicity
- Skin Cancer – Melanoma, Pre-melanoma, Senile Patches, Large Moles and Essential Oil Use
- Blending Techniques
- Childcare and Breastfeeding
- Safer Essential Oils for Crafters and Product Makers
- Labeling for Safe Essential Oil Practices
- Essential Oils as Food Flavorings
- Cutaneous Absorption of Aromatic Oils
Accompanying manual provided. Manual contains questions which students must answer to obtain certificate.
Certification is awarded in completion of the following requirements:
Students must complete all questions through the manual. Answers are evaluated by emailing it back to us. Upon completion of all assignments and questions, a certificate is obtained upon a pass mark of 70%.